Archive for the Community Category

Caring Voices on Capitol Hill Calling for Change

Caring Voices on Capitol Hill  Calling for Change By Craig Dresang, CEO, Yolo Hospice Despite the quarrelsome and divided nature of this year’s presidential election, it’s good to know that some lawmakers, on both sides of the aisle, are working together on key issues that will eventually

Read more

Vacaville Town Square Writers Celebration

Town Square Writers Fifth Anniversary Celebration September 20, 2016 Local author, Jeff Dwyer, will be the speaker at the Town Square Writer’s Fifth Anniversary Celebration on Tuesday, September 20. This event is open to the public and will be held at the Vacaville Town Square Library in

Read more

Price isn’t everything when it comes to running shoes

By Pat Sweeney Submitted By Carol Gilpin, Fleet Feet of Vacaville Previously published in the Washington Post I couldn’t sleep last night. I found myself thinking about the article I read yesterday with the headline that blared “You’ll save A LOT of money buying running shoes online.” That

Read more

From Social Work to the Big Stage

Interview with Mercedes Nicole Tell me about what you do. After 25 years as a Social Worker serving low income and homeless families, addicts, abused children and women, I tell their stories of struggle, triumph and revelations through the songs of the Great American Song Book, and

Read more

Il Fiorello

Il Fiorello Interview with Ann Fiorello Sievers In Italian, Il Fiorello means little flower. Look closely at an olive tree in bloom and you’ll see those little flowers. They turn into olives just waiting to be milled into delicious olive oil at the place named for them…Il

Read more

Morningsun Herb Farm

Morning Sun Herb Farm

Morningsun Herb Farm Interview with Rose, owner Greenhouses full of tiny, baby plants welcome you when you drive in to Morningsun Herb Farm, especially this time of year. Wait a couple of months or so and those tiny plants will be ready to go home with you.

Read more

Atma Wholistic Day Spa

Atma Wholistic Day Spa Interview with Mary, owner Who doesn’t need a day of rest and relaxation? Maybe you can spare just an hour for a little rejuvenation time. Maybe you need to recuperate from the weekend’s heavy duty lifting project or you want to treat yourself

Read more

Farm to Table Dinner Shines Light on Vacaville Area Farmers & Suisun Valley Wine Region

Pleasants Valley quietly hums with life on the outer edge of Vacaville, snaking alongside rolling hills and through acres of unspoiled farm land. With mighty oak trees, cows and chickens peacefully grazing, and seemingly endless olive and fruit orchards, Pleasants Valley feels like a whole other world—miles

Read more

Artists at the Adobe

The Peña Adobe Historical Society and the Rush Ranch Educational Council will be hosting the monthly Open House at the Peña Adobe Park in Vacaville, on Saturday April 2, 2016 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The park is located at Peña Adobe Road off Interstate 80

Read more

The Learning Life

Paradise Valley Estates

Americans’ value of lifelong learning has a short history. In fact, many point to millions of post-World War II veterans who flooded college campuses as the first wave of a massive cultural shift. Lifelong education — once reserved for aristocrats or deemed a waste of time —

Read more
Page 3 of 712345...Last »

Categories

Social